Dogs do best at daycare when they come on regular days during the week. Just like children, they make friends at daycare, and when they hang out with their regular group of friends each week (i.e., Monday, Wednesday, Friday), they are more relaxed, know the routine well, and have their own little “cliques.” We have a lot of “best friends” at daycare—some dogs play with the same few dogs for the entire day and are happy to see them on a regular basis because they all come on the same days each week!
If you are not sure if your dog would like daycare or if your dog is suited for daycare, please contact us. Lots of dogs behave differently when they are away from their parents; you’d be surprised.
Doggie Daycare Features
We encourage appropriate play; therefore, we separate dogs into appropriate playgroups: first by play type (gentle vs. physical) and if needed by size or age:
|Bigs||4,000 square feet of adult dog play space which can be subdivided into 3 play areas.|
|Bigs 1||For the calm and laid-back large dogs.|
|Big 2||Reserved for the more active crowd|
|Bigs 3||The rough and tumble kids hang out.|
|Smallville||Puppies as young as 3 months have 1,000 square feet of play space.|
|Tinyville||A separate area for small dogs without rambunctious puppies (or large adult dogs).|
|Teeny-Tinyville||An area reserved for our very small guests to keep them from being overwhelmed by the larger pups.|
2020 March Links for Updates on News and Changes:
- Facebook page
- Social Distancing Drop-off and Pickup Procedures
- Weekly Virtual Canine Enrichment Program
- A 2nd Chance to Shine Program: A Training program
- Kids 3 Week Virtual Dog Training Camp
Doggie Daycare Hours
- Monday–Friday from 5:30 am–10:30 pm (or when the last dog leaves) to cover your workday!
- Saturday from 6:30 am–8:00 pm
- Reservations are required in order to attend daycare. See below.
Dog Daycare Enrollment Process
Fun Fur Pets accepts healthy dogs from 12 weeks old and up.
- Puppies must have their first series of shots INCLUDING rabies and their Bordetella vaccination.
- All dogs MUST be current on DHLPP, Rabies, and Bordetella vaccinations.
- Dogs over 8 months of age MUST be spayed or neutered.
- We consider your dog’s entire first day his “gradual enrollment day,” rather than do a quick 5-minute evaluation. This is when we determine:
- If your dog is a good candidate for dog daycare, and if they have fun being there!
- Fun Fur Pet’s staff will observe their behavior with the pack and make sure that they not only are a good fit for daycare but that they enjoy themselves!
- We observe them not only when they first get there, but throughout the day, with different dogs, and at the end of the day when they might be tired.
- If we notice any problems, we will contact you immediately and put your dog in one of our timeout bays.
- Our program may not be right for every dog; Fun Fur Pets reserves the right to make this determination, but most dogs flourish in daycare. Owners should be prepared for a very tired dog when they come back to pick them up!
- To enroll your dog today, complete our online enrollment form by clicking on the button below.
Make your reservation for doggie daycare. Reservations are Required.
Failure to cancel reservations within 24 hours will result in a $25 no show fee.
The best way to ensure that we have space for your dog on a specific day or specific days of the week is to sign up for standing reservations. This will allow your dog to permanently be on the schedule for whichever day or days in a week that you would like. This way, there will always be room for your dog and you won’t need to remember to call ahead! However, please remember to call if your dog cannot make the scheduled reservations to avoid the $25 no show fee.
Please click on the REGISTER button below to make reservations through our online registration software.
Checklist for your first day of Doggie Daycare:
- Bring COPIES of your dog’s vaccination records for our files, including Bordetella. Your vet can fax these to us prior to your first scheduled day. (fax number: 608.237.2004)
- Allow 5 minutes during this first drop-off day for paperwork and any questions.
- Topical flea and tick treatment is poison to other dogs. Apply any flea and tick topicals on your dog at least 48 hours in advance to bring your dog to daycare.
- Flea & tick collars are not allowed in daycare play. They must be removed before arriving at daycare.
Thank you again for considering our daycare. We, at Fun Fur Pets, can’t wait to meet your dog!