Fun Fur Pets dog daycare and boarding facility, located in La Crosse Wisconsin, has some helpful information for area pet parents. We have also adjusted our procedures to ensure the safety of you, your pet, and our staff.
- Be sure to wash your dog’s bowls and bedding. Also, wipe down crate handles, food bins, food scoops, and treat containers as often as you’re wiping down your countertops. These are items that you touch multiple times a day and, based on the fact they’re typically plastic or metal, could hold the virus for up to 72 hours.
- If you are using aerosol sprays to disinfect your home, put your dogs outside and any other animals in your bathroom with the exhaust fan running. This will ensure that they are not breathing in the aerosol spray which can be detrimental to their upper respiratory areas.
- Even in organic or all-natural cleaners, some of the orange or wintergreen smells can cause respiratory issues for your pet, resulting in sneezing or coughing. It is recommended to utilize these products while your pet is not in the area and allow the smells to dissipate.
- Fun Fur Pets has adapted its business model to assist individuals in this time. For those that still needed to utilize our daycare and boarding services, we simply do open-air exchanges outside, sanitize all leashes, and wipe the top coat of a dog to keep our staffers safe. Dogs cannot contract the coronavirus from their humans, therefore, the dogs can continue to have group playtime.
Staying Safe and Active
- To keep kids and pets active, Fun Fur Pets created a three-week virtual kids training program through Facebook live. The kids receive training sessions at 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. At 6 p.m., there is a quick recap and then students post their videos showing the homework that they did with their pet for the day. We feel it is important to help parents work with their pets and their children to create stronger bonds in their home environment during this time.
- For people who are looking for fun activities to do with their pets now that they are working from home, we have created a canine enrichment membership. Once a week we post new canine enrichment activities for parents to help occupy their pet’s time and create mental stimulation. We are doing activities using normal household items, such as clear plastic water bottles, toilet paper and paper towel tubes, and leftover Tupperware items. We understand that canine enrichment is very important for a dog’s (and therefore owner’s) mental well-being.
- For those that wanted to get out of the house and build a better bond with their pet, we created Fun Fur Pet’s bingo. Our bingo card has activities ranging from take your dog for a walk on a certain dog-friendly trail within the city to sing your dog a song. As a lifelong resident of the city of La Crosse, Fun Fur Pets owner, Eve Molzhon, made a point to put certain landmarks on the bingo card to encourage individuals to see the sites within their city. The cost for the bingo card is $5. Individuals have a month to complete all the squared tasks and redeem them for a fabulous pet prize.
- In a time where everyone could use a smile, Fun Fur Pets added some playful functional art to the side of their building. There are now various sized wings for people to pose their pets against. Of course, humans can use them too, but the purpose was to get people out walking with their pets and have a goal in doing so. The wings are located along 14th Street just off of Green Bay and they are 6 feet apart to encourage social distancing.
Fun Fur Pets has adopted new procedures for drop-off and pick-up of your dog, which is available for you to see below.